Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Miss My Belly Button

This is my pregnant belly. It has grown twice the size within the past two weeks. This is the first time I am showing these photos off on the internet. I would normally feel vulnerable showing my belly, but as an artist I have no problem with showing off the beautiful part of pregnancy, because not all of it is lovely. Not only is it a pregnant belly...it's double pregnant and double happy. I love being able to eat, and I take full advantage of eating constantly without shame. If I wasn't sick in the beginning, it would have been much more challenging to bring myself to eat so much, especially after a year of watching my weight to look fabulous on my wedding day and honeymoon. But now my babies need lots of food! I realize that pregnancy is no time to have a negative body image. It is beautiful, a wonderful and miraculous gift of life that I feel privileged to have been chosen to carry. God entrusted me with two little 
baby girls, and the last thing I am worried about is the way I look. I guess it's easy to say when I'm not overweight or have stretch marks yet (I'm sure I'll post something in a couple months about how huge and ugly I feel). But one thing is for sure: I am losing my belly button! See how squinty it is?

As far as I know the girls are still kickin...and boy do they like to kick! Allan loves feeling the babies move. It's fun for me almost all the time. Other times it feels like they're wrestling around in there, and it gets a bit annoying. I tell them to settle down. Maybe they'll listen better in a couple years...

1 comment:

  1. Melody & Allan,
    Congratulations. Your belly shots are beautiful and it appears that the girls are doing great and growing strong. We are all so happy for you!
    Love,
    Cindy Torrance (Don's mom)

    ReplyDelete