Wednesday, April 8, 2009

21 weeks

Ultrasound #5. Up to this point, I've been slightly frustrated with my doctors' limited or total lack of information. I need a doctor who will tell me what is going on with the humans growing inside of me. Three weeks ago, my doctor told me that they need to monitor Baby B's growth and that bright white spot on her chest. I went in yesterday and since my doctor was on vacation, I was fortunate to see another one who was very honest and straight forward with me. He said he's not worried about the white spot. It's most likely a calcium deposit, as I mentioned before. The concern is that Baby B is still farther behind in her growth than she was three weeks ago. Baby A has gained 7 ounces, while Baby B has only gained 4. He isn't concerned about twin-to-twin transfusion (when one baby hogs all the nutrients), so that is very good news! This is something I would normally get worked up over, but the fact that everything else has been normal until now seems to keep me at peace. I'm going in next week for "dopplers". The internet--not my doctor--says a doppler ultrasound detects blood flow in the vessels. Are they checking for heart defects?

Well, in other pregnancy news, my belly is measuring at 6 months, even though I'm 5 months along. It is still rapidly growing. Every time I wake up in the morning I feel a little bit bigger. I've grown out of few maternity tops already. I have no idea how huge I'll be in a couple months. Oh boy! Hang on!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melody!

    Wow, five ultrasounds in, and you're only halfway done! Don't panic too much later in your pregnancy when you are, say, seven months and you are measuring nine. =) You're growing two healthy little girls! Isn't it incredible what the human body can do?

    I've known a couple of moms whose kids have had those white spots, and they have turned out to be a couple of different things. Are they going to check that out again soon?

    Hope you're doing well!

    Amber (Morgan) Davis

    ReplyDelete