Thursday, January 29, 2009

Food, Food, FOOD!!

I know I said in an earlier entry that I love food, but I have most definitely changed my mind. My whole life is consumed by food, in a negative way. I can't seem to keep a balance at all! They say "eat whatever your body craves." It doesn't always work.

I had a dream one night about fettucini alfredo. The next day I ate some, and well...you know what happened next. One day I begged Allan to get me Taco Bell. I kept it down for lunch, but not the soft taco later that day. They say to eat simple foods, so I try to eat granola bars, bananas, carrots, and Jell-O, but nothing goes down quite like a plain cheesburger from McDonald's. I love them!! So far, that's the only thing I've been able to eat repeatedly without getting sick.

I told my doctor that my medicines (Phenergan and Zofran) would wear out within a few hours after taking them. They also made me really drowsy. She gave me something stronger, Reglan, but it turns out that the side effects made me feel worse than I was before! Ironically, a person who takes Reglan regularly must be weened off of it to prevent withdrawal symptoms.

So back to the food thing...I don't like to eat anymore because I don't want to vomit anymore. On the flip side, I will get sick if I don't eat. It's a lose-lose situation. Sigh....

Melody

1 comment: