Monday, July 13, 2009

Baby Birthday Eve

It's the night before the big arrival. I have heard people say with a sigh "All good things must come to an end." Well, thankfully so do the bad things, and this pregnancy is one bad thing I won't miss. In less than 24 hours, I will say goodbye to pregnancy and hello to our brand spankin' new baby girls! The risks of a c-section don't scare me anymore. I could bleed enough for a transfusion, they could slice an organ, they could cut one of the babies...and what else did she say? Oh yeah, they might have to take out my uterus if something goes wrong. It sounds like enough to make a person terrified. Deep down I am, but it's amazing how good God's peace makes a person feel (like those narcotics they gave me today). It's like a super power. Part of it is excitement that we are going to meet our babies and that I can recover in my own home. 


I told Allan a few weeks ago that I had a feeling I would deliver on the 14th. No one will believe me now. I should have written it down. Darn. So this is how it happened. I met yet another doctor today, a new high risk OB. He basically said "you've been pregnant long enough," then proceeded to tell me that although it is risky to deliver prematurely, it's just as risky to keep them in because Baby B's dopplers were abnormal again. This time they were reverse flow. He told me I have the option of trying to deliver as nature intended or do a c-section. Do you recall my last blog where I said "knock me out and cut me open"? That was the gist of the conversation. I didn't want to put Baby B through a lot of stress by trying to deliver under so much pressure...literally. I figure that even though there are a lot of risks involved for me during a c-section, there are more risks involved for both of us the other way. So when I gave him my choice, he said they would check the schedule for the next morning.  


So here I am in labor and delivery. I'm being monitored all night until morning to make sure Baby B is doing okay. In case things took a turn for the worse, they could do an emergency c-section. My pain meds wore off earlier and I thought that was it for sure. I think Baby A knew it was time and dug her fingernails into my uterus so she didn't have to go. That's all I can think of because the pain disappeared. haha. 


Tomorrow is the big day! We will keep this thing updated tomorrow. If not me, someone will. I will continue to write on the blog at least until the babies come home. 

1 comment:

  1. Soooo excited for you! I'm so happy for you that it's finally here.

    ReplyDelete