Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Not Yet!

It's been a while. Some of you are probably wondering if I had the babies. The answer is no. I had a computer fatality, but a new hard drive and a loving brother solved my lack of communication problem.

I'm still at the hospital. This Two Carr Garage is getting crowded to the max. The babies are still fighting for space, and I'm still fighting for my sanity. I started my third thousand piece puzzle hoping it would keep me occupied for a week. It's coming along a lot more quickly than I anticipated. I'm just that good, I guess. haha. The doctors have more to say about the puzzles than anything else. They just come in and ask me questions I can't answer or even care to respond to anymore. They try to be cute ask me--quite often--if I'm behaving. I used to laugh, but now I just stare at them. One day they even asked me, "Babies still growing?" I said, "I don't know. You want me to ask them?" Needless to say, I'm a little cranky when I'm awakened abruptly for no good reason. Today two doctors came and yelled, "Wake up, sleepy head!" Again, I just stared at them. I get even crankier when they tell me to just hang in there and stay pregnant, then walk away. I want them to tell me that the babies will grow better outside than in and then take them.

I was supposed to have set a delivery date by now. They are saying we will tomorrow after I get an ultrasound on growth...possibly the last one until I deliver. My nurse today just said to be prepared to have the babies as early as Friday. I am 34.5 weeks now, which is good progress for a twin pregnancy. Even if Baby B is 3 pounds, she has a very good chance of survival. Our next big adventure between the babies coming into the world and coming home is their hospital stay. We'll have to make the trip to the hospital--or possibly two different hospitals--to feed and interact with them. We'll be talking to the pediatrician and the nurses about whatever complications they might have and how they are achieving their goals (breathing on their own, etc.). I'm trying to allow my mind to already transition into that phase. If I linger on the actual birth, I start to get really nervous and afraid. I just think about how quickly the delivery will pass, and I think about what it will be like to meet them and eventually hold them for the first time.

My sister just had her baby boy. It's a healthy 8 lb 3.5 oz baby. I saw a picture of the chubby little thing with his eyes wide open and my sister's hand touching him. I have to admit that I was slightly jealous, but my time will come! Seeing her baby just a few days after seeing her pregnant belly reminded me of how close I am to having my own.

Allan is both excited and frantic. He wants to make the house perfect (at least part of it) for when I come home, with or without the babies. There is still much to do. We still need a functional nursery, primary bathroom, living room, and dining room. The kitchen, master bedroom and bathroom are pretty much done. We have a roof leak above the living room that we can't find, and the nursery doesn't even have walls. The plan is to live in the part of the house that is complete while working on the other half, then renting out the apartment above the house where we currently live. We have to move out of it and store our things somehow. It is a very interesting situation for Allan and me. Normally we would heavily rely on each other to get things done. However, it is just as easy for me to help him on the house as it is for him to help me grow these babies. Impossible. If any of you are in the area and want to help, please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment